Call for Abstracts
WeCNLP will accept two types of submissions for posters:
- Abstracts describing original, completed or ongoing, unpublished research. We welcome abstract submissions, in theory, methodology, as well as applications in all areas related to NLP. We also welcome abstract submissions on negative results as well as submissions highlighting challenges faced in industrial or academic settings.
- Full papers ‘as is’ that are accepted to other peer-reviewed conferences or workshops (e.g. ACL, LREC, COLING, etc.). In the submission, please state where your paper was accepted, and if already presented, was it a poster, short paper or a long paper.
Authors of accepted abstracts and papers will be asked to present their work in a virtual poster session. Selected abstracts and papers will be presented both as a lightning talk and at the poster session. Abstract submissions will be peer-reviewed in a double-blind manner. Since previously accepted papers have been peer-reviewed elsewhere, they will receive less detailed review notes from the WeCNLP committee.
- August 24, 2020 – Abstract & paper submission deadline
- October 1, 2020 – Notification of submission acceptance
- October 30, 2020 – WeCNLP Summit
WeCNLP is committed to providing an inclusive summit to participants with diverse needs, academic interests, and socio-demographic backgrounds. There are numerous barriers that limit various participants’ groups ability to attend our conferences. Our whole community benefits when we strive to remove those barriers and everyone feels welcome at the event and can fully participate! Accordingly, WeCNLP will strive toward striking a balance across these different dimensions to ensure more inclusion and diversity in event participation. Hence, we encourage submissions to indicate (voluntarily) any distinguishing diversity factors such as race, gender, etc.